Innovation Research Park @ ODU has been designed to meet the space needs of businesses in every stage of their growth - from start-up through maturity.
Available spaces range from single person Collaboration Suites to 20,000 square feet of contiguous space - and everything in between.
IRP also has Flexible Wet Lab suites, immediately ready for occupancy.
Two Class A Office/ Flexible Lab Buildings:
- Five-story, structural steel frame with brick and glass veneer
- 100,000 rsf (rentable square feet)
- Floor plate of 20,000 rsf
Three Traction Elevators:
- 2 passenger- 3,500 lb. capacity
- 1 freight- 5,000 lb. capacity
Fire & Life Safety Systems:
- Automatic fully sprinklered fire protection with electric fire pump
- Addressable fire alarm system and voice evacuation
- One 750 KW emergency generator for life safety
- Expansion area for tenant generator use
- Card access system
- Lobby security guard
- Video surveillance
- Exhaust shafts for potential lab use on floors 2-5
- Interior loading dock
- Adjacent parking garage
- Lambda Rail accessible
- Verizon — DSL, Voice services
- Cox Communications — high bandwidth, voice, video, data services
- Innovation Research Park@ODU lies within a Federal HUB Zone and Federal and State Enterprise Zones that provide tenants with potential tax credits and other economic assistance.
Conferencing and Entrepreneurial Center:
- Building II features a multi-media conferencing facility that provides tenants meeting and presentation space. IRP in conjunction with the ODU Business Gateway, located in Building I, also provides strategic and tactical business assistance services and programs.